April 2023 snap shots features:
- PHSNE monthly meeting on Zoom with MIT Museum curator Gary Van Zante’s presentation on “An American City on Exhibition: Theodore Lilienthal’s Photographs of New Orleans for the Paris World’s Fair of 1867” this Sunday, April 2 at 7:30PM EDT.
- Photographica 90 arrives Saturday, April 22, 2023 at Newton North High School—One Day Only—Details HERE
- Photo History Today: The First News Photo – 1848
- Camera of the Month: Linhof Technika 70 & Press 70
- Christie’s, the British auction house, is celebrating its 50th year of photographic auction sales. In a funny coincidence, PHSNE began presenting photo and camera auctions the same year – 1973. Maybe Christie’s will send us a 50th Anniversary greeting?
- A member’s photo-oriented teapot collection
- Boston’s MFA presents “Who Holds Up the Sky?“, an exhibit about war organized by art museums in Kyiv and Odessa in Ukraine.
- Sign Up Now for access to snap shots and our monthly meetings on Zoom. Visit the snap shots archive here.
What the heck…
Are Those Even Cameras?!
Join the PHSNE Newsletter and learn more about photographic history and preservation. Already an expert? Come and share your collections and knowledge as we celebrate the history and advancement of photography.