Mission, Vision & Values
Our members bring their curiosity, enthusiasm, and knowledge to bear on every aspect of photo history, from the earliest experiments to the present day—and tomorrow. We welcome your participation and support of our society.
We are engaged in the preservation of historic images, photographic equipment and ephemera, and sharing the stories of photographers, scientists, engineers, business men and women, artists—all the people who created the world of photography as we know it today.
- We schedule free monthly meetings and presentations online and in-person, publish monthly newsletters, an annual Journal, and share our resources on the web.
- We provide cameras and darkroom equipment free of charge to students learning about the science and art of photography.
- We assist other institutions involved with the history of photography.
- We help collectors find or donate collection items.
- We produce the largest Photographica show in the region each year, and we have a lot of fun, too!
Provide an unparalleled experience for our members and the general public where they are involved in learning and contributing to the exploration of, promotion of, and value of our shared photographic history.
Officers and Board Members
Our officers and board members are elected by the membership for two-year terms.
The officers and board members listed will serve the 2022-2023 term.
Zoom Meeting Coordinator
Immediate Past President
Dana H. Gee
Website & Email Outreach
snap shots Editor
School Outreach Director
Members volunteer their time and expertise to advance PHSNE’s mission, guided by our vision and values. They take on a variety of roles which support and expand PHSNE’s many activities. Without our members’ significant contributions of time, skills, and dedication, the society would not long survive.
Honoring Past Members
With gratitude and fondness, we honor those PHSNE members who have recently passed on.